Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Portland Temps Soar...Harris's Head to the Coast!

We knew it was coming....a full weekend of record setting temperatures for the Portland area. We'd already endured the post-100 degree temps once this summer and with Chad still in Viriginia for UPS company training, I said "that's it! I'm taking the kids and heading to the coast!" So, Friday morning I called my friend Melissa to see if she and her little girl, Maddy, wanted to come along. She said "sure" and soon we were on our way. The coast was beautiful! Mid-70s with a slight breeze....ahhhh! After spending several hours on the beach, we started the trek home. It was crazy watching the temperature gauge in the car climb as we headed inland. By the time we were home, it read 108!!!! The "official" temp (via the weatherman) was 104 for the day, but combined with the heat of the road, I'm sure the 108 was pretty accurate.

1 comment:

Bishop Family said...

I can't believe how hot it was - crazy! We have air conditioning units thankfully - plus I was not able to move much anyhow - so me, baby Max, both dogs, & both cats were all in the bedroom
Glad you got out of the heat