Monday, October 23, 2006

Breastfeeding FYI...

I learned something new today from Melissa, my go-to girl for all things breastfeeding. Melissa is training (and almost done!) to be a LeLeche League leader. I was concerned because I got pretty sick this weekend (horrible flu-like thing that Gavin caught on Friday and I was sick with by Sunday). Anyway, I was worried that Alayna would get sick because I was nursing her. Had I been home, I probably would have had Chad feed her from my frozen supply, but we were up in Washington celebrating Chad's 33rd birthday, so I had to continue nursing her). Well, now I'm glad I did. Turns out, that when I get sick, my body produces antibodies that is passed to Alayna through breastmilk and actually decreases the chance that she will get sick. Here's a great LLL link with more info for all my breastfeeding friends out there: http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/sick.html

No comments: