Saturday, March 01, 2008

Woman VBACs at Hospital Banning VBACs

So, this woman (I think she's in Arkansas?) walks into a hospital in labor. This particular hospital has banned VBACs (vaginal births after cesareans) and this woman just says "no, you can't cut me open...I'm going to have this baby the way God intended." (my paraphrase) Awesome! I just LOVE it when women defend their rights to birth the way they want to. Shame on every hospital that bans VBACs!!!

Oh, and my "favorite" part of the article was the very last sentence where the hospital stands by their VBAC ban and adds that they will only allow a VBAC in an emergency situation......um, I thought c-sections were for emergencies. My how times have changed!

Check out this article: http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7930912

5 comments:

thesynergizer said...

This is absolutely awesome. I have a friend who is pregnant with her third and wants a VBA2C, which she is finding depressingly impossible. She's thinking of having an "opps" but I'm worried for her, because in addition to the VBAC issue, she is also a little person (4'8) and I don't want any harm to come to her or her baby. We live in Washington, but she's originally from Oregon and has friends there. Do you have any resources that could be helpful to her?

thesynergizer said...

PS: I found you through "next blog" and haven't really figured out a non-awkward way to introduce myself to new people on blogger other than just saying hi.

so, uh ... hi :-)

Krista said...

Hi! I'm so glad you posted. I've got several links on my blog that should be able to help you. I highly recommend ICAN....there are local chapters all over the country!

thesynergizer said...

thank you! i will pass them along :-)

Unknown said...

thesynergizer - if you are looking for a VBAC friendly place in Oregon, I would suggest calling Andaluz Waterbirth Center www.waterbirth.net

There are several VBAC friendly midwives there who would be happy to consult with your friend. One of them writes "Ask the Midwife" for the Oregonian.