Sunday, May 11, 2008

Patiently Waiting....



39 Weeks, 3 days. Well, I think we're as ready as we'll ever be. Mom arrived this past Tuesday, I had a lovely blessingway on Wednesday evening hosted by my wonderful friend Melissa. Thursday, May 8th was going to be my big day. However, the day came and went and I kept expecting something to happen, but no contractions, no labor signs, nothing. Well, maybe I shouldn't say "nothing". I've had this runny nose for about a week now and haven't really thought much of it, but the last few days its gotten a bit worse and I'm afraid its turning into a full-blown cold. I keep wondering if my body is holding off labor in order to fight this nastiness.


I took Mom out to dinner for Mother's Day last night (yes, a day early....you never know, I may have a Mother's Day baby.....wouldn't that be a present?) and stopped by Lloyd Center Mall afterward. We were in Sears at the register and a cute young girl was ringing up our purchase. She looked at me a few times and then said, "is your baby due soon?" "Any day," I replied. "Wow," she said, "I don't mean to be offensive, but I've just never seen a belly so big!" I laughed! "Don't worry, I'm not offended."

1 comment:

Melissa Zollner said...

you are so beautifully bellylicious my friend! Maddy asks twenty times every day "Cade come out now? When Cade come out mama? Today? Ready right now? Cut bracelet now? Cade come out now?"

At least twenty times. At least. Man is she persistent. I keep telling her "soon, Maddy, soon, Cade will come out when God says it is time" She is so ready to meet her new little friend!