Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Surprise!!!

Well, I had a real surprise today at work. At lunch time I was called into our training room (very suspiciously by Dolores, my front desk partner-in-crime) and when I got there about 20 of my co-workers yelled "Surprise!" and there was food and pink balloons everywhere.....I was completely caught off guard and it took a few moments to realize that I had just walked into my own baby shower! I had NO idea! Totally surprised!

I kept asking "how did you all get in here and I didn't see you?" (I do work at the front desk, that is). Turns out Dolores had made them all go down the back staircase (instead of the main elevator, which is right in front of my desk). It was such a good time. I'm still shocked that they pulled it off without me knowing ANYTHING! Long time ago I thought that they'd probably throw me a shower, but after no one said anything and it was getting so close to the date I figured that probably no one stepped up to actually do it.

Presents: I got lots of pink outfits, onesies, little stuffed animals, some blankets, one lady even made me a quilt!

So, with my shower this Saturday (that my AWESOME friend, Melissa, is throwing me!) I'll be having 2 showers in one week! We had a digital camera floating around and I'm told they'll email me pictures, so I'll post those once I have them.

2 comments:

Melissa Zollner said...

ooooh I love that they surprised you!!! So fun!

Miriam said...

What a surprise!!! That was so nice of them. I am surprised too.
Love, Mom