Monday, March 05, 2007

Daddy's Girl



Alayna is now 9 months old, can you believe it? She has had quite a few "firsts" in the last month or so. First of all, she is quite the talker....her favorite phrase (and according to Chad, her first word) is dadadadada. But before Chad got too cocky about it, I did remind him that she says that to everyone: him, me, Gavin, anyone. I'm working on "mama" to even it up, but no luck yet. Also, Alayna loves to make a sound that is kind of a cross between rolling her r's and gargling. I keep joking that she's already practicing her Spanish.

Although she's not crawling yet, she is SO CLOSE. She will reach for an object that is just out of reach and somehow scoot her body to grab it. She will also use her arms to push herself up from a laying position to sitting (which I think is completely impressive!). Of course, my ego goes flat when I got asked for the first time the other day if she was WALKING yet!?! (Seriously, is 9 months a normal age for walking??)

Funny enough, the one area that doesn't appear to be progressing at all is teething. Not one tooth yet. Its pretty funny to me because I could have sworn that she was teething around 2 months old and here we are 7 months later and no teeth. Gavin didn't get his first tooth until almost 11 months old, so I guess I just have kids who teethe late (which, to be honest, I really don't mind).

3 comments:

Melissa Zollner said...

Is that a bum genius I spy? Her wee little bum could not get any more stylish. This right here is why I love cloth diapers.

Oh, and about the teeth, they are overrated. Seriously.

Oh, and about the crawling, yeah well that only makes the great big cloth diaper bum even cuter (is that possible???) so that is an event worth waiting for!!

Miriam said...

Can you imagine a 9 month old walking!!! Just think about all the stuff she would be getting into with a 9 month old mind! No thank you!!

Remember God looks at the heart and it looks like she has a great heart!

Love you guys XXXXOOOOXXXXOOOO

Melissa Zollner said...

I walked at nine months. My poor mama, chasing me and also my 38 month old brother with ADD. Oy!!!

Jason walked at 13 months and Maddy decided to almost split the difference between us and walked at 10 1/2.

I preferred walking to crawling because at least she didn't get kitty litter and dog hair on her hands all day long no matter how many times I sweep, mop and vacuum. HOWEVER, it is a whole new world at a whole new speed, look out!

Here's to Alayna doing things in her own way, and in her own time exactly as God intends her to!!! She is perfect and precious and lovely in every way.